Hello fellow rehabilitation nurse colleagues and Happy Summer!
CCCARN had a very busy spring. Our April 2012 Conference was well attended and we had wonderful presentations from Victor Chang, MD; Terry Chase MA, ND, RN; Cat Davis BSN, RN, CRRN; Kathy Doeschot RN, MSN, CRRN; Dana Lusk MS, RN, CRRN, CHPN; John Nash (Combat Veterans Cowboy Up); Michael Stroud, PhD; and Jim Williams (Project Healing Waters). We also appreciate the donations we received from Craig Hospital (notebooks), Regis University (folders and pens), and University of Colorado Hospital (pencils, pens, and notepads) as well as our vendors:
- Astra Tech
- Abbott Nutrition
- Symbius Medical
Thank you to all of the CCCARN Board members for their help and especially to Jill Welsh-Schrader and Janet Rife, Convention Co-Chairs.
We recently held elections for the open positions. I want to thank our outgoing board members for their time and service to CCCARN:
- Peggy Plylar- Past President
- Mary Ullrich- Secretary
- Jill Welsh-Schrader- Education Chair
- Karen Ramsey- Director at Large
I also want to welcome our new board members!
- Diedre Bricker – President (formerly Vice President)
- Cat Davis - Vice President
- Vivian Pacheco - Education Chair
- Donna Montarone – Treasurer (continuing)
- Diana Elledge - Secretary
- Lisa Zenoni - Past President and Director at Large (formerly President)
- Theresa Lamberson - Director at Large
- Beverly Kruse - Director at Large
We have some great ideas and plans for the next year. Our next Education Meeting will be on Wednesday, September 12, 2012, as we do not have meetings in July or August. Please stay tuned for additional information.
I have really enjoyed seeing so many of you at our meetings and the convention this year. I look forward to continuing to serve CCCARN on the Board as Past President/ Director at Large. I hope you have a happy and safe summer!